The MBR wastewater is an intelligent membrane biological reactor (MBR) that treats domestic waste water as well as recycles it. It combines the technology of active sludge with membrane treatment to achieve a high removal rate of pollutants and low volume of residue sludge. The high concentration of active sludge raises the activity level of the special microbes in the equipment. The sludge will not expand and become floating so that the quality of the output water (recycle water) is very stable. Compared with the conventional treatment technology, the MBR does not call for 2 stages of precipitation. It occupies less space, is more reliable and simple to maintain. It is best used in schools, hotels, piers, small communities in urban and rural areas, sight-seeing spots, commercial complex, airports, traffic stations, gulf courses, service areas along highways and small enterprises.
- Compact: small footprint, can be tailor made to customer’s requirements
- Intelligent: PLC, does not need constant attendance of operator, low running costs
- Energy saving: cut by 30-40% compared with conventional methods
- Compound aeration: constant soluble oxygen supply, vibrating membrane fibers to prevent clogging
- Chemical cleaning in-line: no need to remove membrane from the recycler
- Low noise level: below 55 dB during normal running
- Short lead time: delivery within 30 days after receipt of order
The JDL-MBR is ideal for removing BOD, ammonia compounds and other pollutants in organic waste water.
However some conditions must be fulfilled to keep it run smoothly.
1. The raw water must have a pH of 6-7. The microbes in the equipment function best in neutral water.
2. The water in the equipment must be at 5-40 °C, which is best for the microbes. A temperature above 40 °C can damage some sealing in the recycler.
3. The BOD loading of the raw water should be 0.06～ 0.12 (kgBOD/kgMLSS•d). A high COD will clog the membrane quickly.
4. The sludge concentration in the recycler cannot be high, or the membrane will clog. When MLSS > 12,000 mg/L, some sludge must be discharged from the recycler.
5. The backwash pressure of the membrane must be less than 0.3 MPa. During normal running, the membrane works at a pressure range of -0.3～0.3 MPa. Outside this range, it will be damaged. There is a pressure gauge on the pipe of the suction pump of the membrane. When the pressure reaches -0.3 MPa, the suction pump stops automatically and triggers an alarm. The operator must attend and check if a chemical cleaning has to be performed.
The raw water first flows through gratings to remove large particles and pieces of debris. The water is stored in an equalization tank to average out fluctuations in its pollutants concentration. It is pumped into JDL-MBR for decomposition and sludge removal. It has 4 compartments.
1. Facility compartment containing air blow, pump and control system.
2. Anaerobic compartment When it is necessary to remove nitrogen, no air is supplied. The sludge and nitrogen compounds in Compartment are fed back to this compartment. Facultative microbes give rise to hydrolytic effects and produce acid at the same time. This process breaks down organic compounds of large molecular weight into smaller molecular weight which are easier to be decomposed. It also changes insoluble organic compounds into soluble, making the waste water more active biologically. The anti-nitrifying bacteria finally decompose nitrates into NO2, thus removing the nitrogen contents in the water When it is not necessary to remove nitrogen, decomposing organic compounds becomes the prime objective. The reaction in this compartment has to be aerobic. Air is supplied through the aeration heads installed at the bottom.
3. Aerobic and filtration 9or membrane) compartment This recycler uses hollow fiber membrane made of PVDF. It is anti-corrosive and pollution resistant, accommodates large flow rates and has long life. This compartment has aeration heads installed at the bottom. The bacteria decompose organic compounds and nitrify ammonia nitrogen into nitrates and nitrites The air.